Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Planning ahead...

With a Christmas craft fair fast approaching I'm trying to finalise some festive bunting ideas.

However, I rapidly got bored of using just red and green so started playing with colours instead!

Not at all festive! Maybe I can be even more organised and start making some Spring garlands! I've also got a lovely commission to paint a wren so I'm going to get some sketches done. If only I could finish one thing before starting another!

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Nearly there!

I decided to join the flowery motifs of  the baby blanket with some simple stripy squares.

I've blocked it and done a simple edging although I may add something more decorative once I've stitched on the backing fabric. I'm just waiting for that to come out of the washing machine, and then hopefully I can get it all finished today!

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Triangular bunting

I've been using a triangular motif to make more bunting with the colourful Planet Penny cotton.

As you can see the motif is much bigger than the heart one so I've used fewer of them.
I'm going to experiment next with making some Christmas bunting - it may only be October but I'm determined to be organised this year!

Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Baby blanket progress...

I love this fabric and I'm wondering if it would work as a backing for the baby blanket. I haven't decided yet how to join the flowery motifs - I want to achieve a vintagey look. I really enjoy this part of the process - so many possibilities!