Tuesday 12 March 2013

Finished Blanket (at last!)

The blanket I started way back in September is finally finished. After an initial rush of enthusiasm, I lost interest in the build up to Christmas. Once I had seen the first pattern repeat the whole process became somewhat repetitive. I picked it up again in January, only to abandon it in February. I thought it was finished a couple of weeks ago until I decided to add another couple of rows. Well now it's finally done. I do like the finished item, but I've learnt that I much prefer to make decisions during the making process, rather than follow a set pattern like this one.


The size of it, plus the poor quality light, made it very tricky to photograph.



There was also the additional problem of a certain hairy beastie taking a liking to it!

The pattern is 'Rita' by The Natural Dye Studio. I added some half hexagons along the two long sides as I wanted them to be straight. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK which is lovely to work with but some of the colours have rather annoyingly been discontinued.


Is it too soon to start planning the next blanket?!



2 comments: