Tuesday 1 October 2013

Knitting like a woman possessed...


One of the many reasons I love to crochet is because it grows so quickly. I also tend not to make things to wear, so fit and tension are not an issue. However, ever since getting my mitts on Colours of Shetland by Kate Davies I've had a growing desire to knit one of her fabulous patterns. I am a very slow knitter so my choice of the Stevenson Sweater was due, in part, to the fact that it has very short sleeves! Nevertheless I finally started it this week with a sense of trepidation. One week in and I am absolutely obsessed with seeing it grow. My index fingers are developing callouses and I've lost the power of speech but I'm loving it! I've still a long, long way to go but I'm optimistic that I'll finish it before my target of the end of October!


I haven't forgotten about my little crocheted bag - the crochet is done, the lining and handles chosen and the zip bought. I have finally set up my sewing machine and plan to finish it this weekend, if only I can be dragged away from my knitting needles!




No comments:

Post a Comment