I decided to add a variety of coloured buttons to add to its jaunty nature and am really pleased with how it turned out. The only modifications I made were to add some length to the cabled section, and crocheting the button band rather than knitting it. I may yet add a crocheted border to the bottom hem. The only problem I have with it is that it goes with practically nothing in my wardrobe, apart from a necklace! Ah well, I'll just have to make some dresses to wear under it!
I've been attempting a sort out of my studio and rearranged some paintings on the wall. I've put my latest little scraperboard up there too, to see if it's finished yet. I decided I didn't like the whiteness of the background so I varnished it to stabilise it, and added some acrylic washes over the top. Still not sure what to make of it though. I may just abandon it and move on to something else.