Sunday 11 May 2014

Making plans...

Creative time has been somewhat curtailed of late due to family commitments but I did manage to squeeze in a visit to Wonderwool in Wales a couple of weeks ago. I came away with a modest stash of yarny delights but a whole load of ideas for future projects. My favourite stall was Eden Cottage yarns - their colour palette is amazing and I could have bought pretty much everything. I restrained myself on the day but succumbed last week to these two gorgeous skeins - I got them from  Marmalade Yarns which, luckily for me, are now stockists of Eden Cottage Yarns.



I think I will use these for a stripy shawl, but I'm simply enjoying fondling them for now!

What I did buy in Wales were these lovely linen threads, which I'm planning on using for corsages.



I also got these mini ombré skeins which I want to use for some colour work ideas I have mulling about in my head.



In the meantime I'm going to be playing with mandala ideas in preparation for teaching a mandala workshop at Marmalade Yarns on 19th July.



I have one week to finish my friend's cardigan (one and a half sleeves to go!) and I also have a linocut commission which I haven't even started. Frome Festival is just round the corner so I also need to do some new work for that - I think I need to stop planning and start doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment